Talk

Advanced search

Biting nails at 20 months old?!?!?!

(7 Posts)
Taler Sun 12-Jul-15 21:03:22

WTF??? She constantly has her fingers in her mouth and PROPER bites her nails.

I just don't get it?!?! And never thought this would've been possible at such a young age.

Distraction occasionally works but never for long.

Anyone else come across this with their LOs?

How do I get her to stop???

princessvikki Mon 13-Jul-15 12:12:15

its probably just because she has realised she can do it. i would keep her nails as short as possible to make it more difficult and ignore the bitting. making it a forbiden behaviour only makes it more attractive to a 20 month old

LostMySocks Mon 13-Jul-15 14:46:34

DS bites his nails when they get long. He loves having them cut so I think he just finds them a bit irritating when they are too long

Taler Mon 13-Jul-15 18:54:51

Wish that were the case with DD! There is nothing left coz she's been at them the entire time!!

HelloIAmBaymax Tue 14-Jul-15 10:24:46

DS used to regularly bite his nails at that age. He is now 3.6 and doesn't do it as often, in fact it's quite rare now, but he does still do it if his nails get a bit long.

silverstreak Wed 15-Jul-15 20:39:30

DD did it also, from about 16-20 months - no idea why! Used to worry me that she was anxious (she's generally quite sensitive) but it just kind of petered out.... She's 2.4 now and can't remember the last time I saw her biting them - they are definitely in need of a cut, come to think of it! grin

just wait till she discovers the 'bits' in her nose, you'll definitely wish for the nail biting back

pause4thought Fri 07-Aug-15 00:16:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now