Talk

Advanced search

DS asking to see other children's bottoms

(5 Posts)
Reallyworried2015 Thu 02-Jul-15 19:51:56

We are really concerned about this given we've been contacted by DS' school nursery and private nursery on this issue. The incidents reported to us now stands at about three each - with our DS absolutely mortifyingly the common denominator.

He was four earlier in the year.

From what I can gather it involves DS and other giggling children asking to see each other's bottoms.

I've been promised by DS it's not front areas and no touching has taken place.

Me and DH are so upset. He has a two year old DS and the only thing I can think of where it's 'come from' is me checking her bottom perhaps to see if her nappy needs changing.

Both establishments seem unconcerned but I should imagine increasingly so if the behaviour won't stop.

Please be gentle with me. We're so upset as parents and don't know if this is within the realms of normal behaviour or if it's something worrying, or indeed how to deal with it.

33goingon64 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:31:13

Sounds like healthy curiosity. Sure it's probably a bit embarrassing for you but please don't get upset or say anything to DS about it. It's surely just a phase and next week it'll be shouting 'poo' all the time or some other charming 4yo behaviour.

SerJorahsSecondChoice Sun 05-Jul-15 07:13:35

Sweetheart, he's 4. To a 4 year old bottoms are hilarious. I mean this in the kindest possible way, but I really think you're over-thinking this. I'd be a bit embarrassed too as no one likes to be contacted by nursery, but I think it's extremely normal curiosity. Bottoms are funny. You are right to encourage him to stop, but I really don't think you need to be getting upset over it. X

odyssey2001 Sun 05-Jul-15 07:21:37

I'm going to be gentle but firm. You are over-reacting and over-thinking this. This is essentially something funny to him that started as a natural curiosity. You need to dump this anxiety fast because anxious parents create anxious children. And please be gentle with him.

starsandmoonandback Sun 05-Jul-15 08:05:33

Hi
I would agree with the others and say try not to overthink it or worry. My DS is 4 (almost 5) and is always going on about Willys and bottoms! And now he knows what girls have, fannys!!! He thinks it is hilarious and is always telling us his bottom is going to explode amongst other silly things! I would say it's a normal phase he's going through for his age. Perhaps you could just have a very brief word about keeping bottoms in 'our' pants when at nursery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now