Talk

Advanced search

How to entertain 6mo

(8 Posts)
YellowTangerine Sat 27-Jun-15 02:55:13

My DD is 6 months old. She is my first child so fairly new to this parenting malarkey.

The problem is she always seems so bored! I try constantly to entertain her and it works for .5 of a second and then back to whiney board mode!

She has lots of toys but not really interested. What do other people do with their young ones? smile

HeadDreamer Sat 27-Jun-15 03:15:57

I just let her play with herself. Either her toys or some of my things. If mine is whiny she is either hungry or tired. How many hours does she stay awake between naps? Is she ever contended on her own after a nap and feed?

purplemurple1 Sat 27-Jun-15 05:59:21

Similar to pp mine lays on her blanket (we don't have carpets so its just to make her a bit warmer) with toys, play gym, or often just her hands and feet to entertain her.
If she is whiny she normally wants food,has wind or is too cold (if she is warm and tired she would just fall asleep on the blanket).

If yours almost sitting she may be ready to be propped with pillows or a nest sometimes, my boy loved that at 6 months.

SueGeneris Sat 27-Jun-15 07:11:52

My 6 month old loves interaction most of all, tickles, songs like Row Your Boat or really any old nonsense I say to him with a smile. My 7 yo is constantly going up to him saying 'soggy soggy soggy socks!' as he once laughed at this apparently! He also has a door bouncer and likes chewing on his giraffe.

As PP said he generally only whines if he is tired or wants a change of position.

Newtobecomingamum Sat 27-Jun-15 11:31:12

Bubble machine from somewhere like argos!! Having her laying on a blanket and put the machine on and watch her in awe looking and laughing at the bubbles! Helps with building eye coordination and other skills. Obviously make sure the machine is positioned so the bubbles don't land on her face etc.. But will provide hours of fun!! Also, they do light show balls (only cheap) that project lights and pics on the ceiling and walls!

YellowTangerine Sat 27-Jun-15 12:37:27

Thanks everyone. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her I think she just enjoys making the whiney noise. Gonna try a bubble machine I just hate seeing her look so bored!

albertcampionscat Sat 27-Jun-15 17:05:47

Sling and go for a walk?

Natedogg Thu 23-Jul-15 09:59:27

Hi YellowTangerine

Just to let you know I had a horrible time from 7/8 months. My baby whined constantly! If I picked him up/put him down/ played with him
/left him. It seemed endless! It lasted for almost exactly 4 weeks and coincided with teething and him starting to crawl (although I didnt know that at the time). It does end! My advice is to get out of the house. Try to go to as many drop in sessions as you can. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now