Talk

Advanced search

How yo deal with a fussy eater

(5 Posts)
Luna9 Wed 24-Jun-15 21:07:26

My 4 year old is a very fussy eater; also very capricious; she gets upset if you touch her food or touch the spoon with something she does not want to eat; we sometimes end having an argument as she gets on my nerves. Should I just offer her food and ignore her if she does not want it and not offer her the anything else? Or should I only offer the things that she onlyblijes

Luna9 Wed 24-Jun-15 21:13:34

Meant to say: should I offer her only things that she likes like fish fingers, chicken nuggets, spaghetti hoops, bread, cheese, eggs, potato smiles, pancakes. Sometimes she will eat other things like pasta bolognese, rice, cottage pie, a bit of roast, chicken. I suppose it depends on her mood or how much she fill herself up with fruit and cake in the nursery.

hillyhilly Wed 24-Jun-15 21:40:14

I think the general advice is to put a bit of everything on her plate but to not comment what is or isn't eaten.
However, that does not work for my 10 yr old dd who is still doing her damnedest to avoid veg!!!

Luna9 Wed 24-Jun-15 22:17:11

Thank you; maybe I should have put the soup tonight with some bread and cheese instead of only soup; also I should have made sure I do not touch it

starpatch Wed 08-Jul-15 14:59:40

Hi there, I have a fussy eater too. I like the advice on mumsnet to offer them one challenging thing at each meal (ie one thing you think they prob won't eat it and other things you know they like). I don't comment on what my son eats but that won't necessarily work for you. I'm trying to cook a few more things that I like and offer them to my son alongside other choices otherwise I just end up eating his restricted diet! Its really hard work cooking stuff knowing they probably won't eat it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now