Talk

Advanced search

One year old teething molars & wants to breastfeed constantly

(2 Posts)
Allibanni Wed 24-Jun-15 15:05:45

Hi all,

My little girl has just turned one, she has her molars striking through & is waking in the night. She was down to 2 breast feeds in the day morning & night & now won't go to sleep day or night with out breast feeding. I know she goes to sleep ok at nursery tho.

She feeds/suckles for ages it now feels uncomfortable & over sensitive to feed at times & if I take her off she goes mental ? i think she is in pain from teething & she has to fall asleep feeding otherwise I can't put her down.

I used to be able to put her in her cot & comfort her with my hand until she fell asleep. But now she can move about she throws herself all over the place & bangs her head on the cot sad so I am scared she will hurt herself.

I have tried calpol, ibuprofen, ambersol, bonjela, nelsons teething granules. She seems to be waking more & more & I think it's because she needs breast for ? comfort or ? teething pain.

I don't mind feeding her but I am back to work now & can barley function am so tired & I am a nurse so need to be on the ball.

I can't bring myself to do controlled crying, especially as she is in pain from teething.

I just wondered if people have had similar experiences.. Will she naturally drop the day & night feeds when her teething pain goes? My husband works away so I can't get him to go in at night..

Any tips or story's of when it gets better would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Julieb85 Thu 25-Jun-15 13:22:51

I don't know the answers, but very interested as I have a 14 month old who is teething also...it is absolutely horrific. I feel like someone has replaced my lovely, fun, delightful child with a demon. One who won't eat, won't sleep, screams and bites other children!!

When will this pass!!??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now