Talk

Advanced search

Toddler walking with head down?

(8 Posts)
Countryside14 Mon 22-Jun-15 18:26:10

My dad is 14 months and the last couple of days I've noticed she will sometimes stiffen her arms sort of behind her slightly and put her head down. Almost like she's charging at someone. She doesn't do it all the time but sometimes.

Anyone know what that's all about? I once read that a little girl with autism started doing that. I w had previous worries before bow but have been reassured by gp/hv that all seems fine x

Crazyqueenofthecatladies Mon 22-Jun-15 19:33:51

Is it when she's frustrated or cross? My brother's ds does this. Mind there are slight concerns over whether he has dyspraxia so it could still be something to talk to your hv about, but probably only if like dn there are other red flags.

Countryside14 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:52:35

No it's just randomly.

She walked from 12 months, she points, claps, waves, loves peekaboo. Answers to her name. Brings me toys, try's to put food in my mouth and likes other children. She says mum mum and da da.

It's probably just me worrying yet again! sad

LittleRedRobin10 Tue 23-Jun-15 12:35:36

Hi Countryside, I think you and I have all the same worries just a few months apart! Your little girl sounds lovely but it's so hard when you have anxiety as you scrutinise every little thing, don't you? My DS who is 18 months does the same funny run sometimes too, often when he gets a bit excited!

We're off to see the HV tomorrow as I'm still worrying so much and need a bit of reassurance and help. Have you had counselling or meds for your anxiety? Did it help you?

Take care x

Countryside14 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:18:59

Hi,

Yeah that's true you really do look at every little thing.

Yes, I've been on anti depressants for 3/4 months now and I do think they've helped. I've also got s fab hv that's been very understanding and so helpful. She's been over a few. times for a home visit and she thinks all seems fine.

Have you spoken anyone about your concerns before? X

LittleRedRobin10 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:24:50

Hi Countryside, no this is the first time I've chatted to anyone apart from my partner and family about it but I think I'm starting to drive them bonkers! So I'm hoping to get some helpful advice from the HV. I'm glad your HV visits and meds have been helping as that's something I'm open to. Also going to see a counsellor this week too which hopefully will give me a bit of support.

Take care flowers

Countryside14 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:41:45

I was really against taking anything but it got to the point where I was asking for help and I felt like to had to try something.

I never know of my anxiety has come from depression or depression has come from my worries? My friends and family think it's depression that has caused the anxiety as they can never see anything in my worries x

Countryside14 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:30:50

We've just had her grandparents round and she got very excited and was charging round doing it then so I think maybe it's when she's excited? Would that make sense? I still don't know what it's all about though?! Still a bit concerned though but feel a bit silly asking a hv about it.

We've been playing in the garden today and I've not noticed it then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now