Talk

Advanced search

Intermittent rage

(2 Posts)
Kesmith97 Fri 19-Jun-15 23:26:55

My 5 year old daughter goes into the rage sessions for no reason at all. She is fine one minute then for the next hour she is horrendous. Throwing everything in sight, saying horrible things to whoevers there. This doesn't happen at school. Any ideas as to why its happening and what I can do to sort it would be most welcome.

jwpetal Sat 20-Jun-15 18:19:20

We have this with our 5 year old daughter. We think it is a development/sensory issue and happens, we think, when she is tired. She won't tell us this. It is just out of the blue. We (my husband and other children) have learned to recognize the signs....though sometimes in not enough time.

We do have to watch how much we are doing and definitely have days home. We also have problems when traveling so making sure we don't do more than two days without just chilling at our base. It has meant slowing down, but in some ways this really was best for all of us.

After her tantrums, she is embarrassed and needs lots of cuddles. Sometimes I lose it, but really try to be understanding. They are less than they used to be but as the end of reception and the unknown approach we are trying to keep things calm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now