Talk

Advanced search

Keeping food in mouth

(3 Posts)
LindsayS79 Fri 19-Jun-15 19:37:29

Did is 2 next month and has always been funny with textures, however she's been better for the past 6 months. Until now....
She's keeping her food in her mouth and not chewing/swallowing. It's been about 2 weeks now and it takes about 2 hours to give her dinner. Even old faves like fish and cous cous are being kept in there like a hamster. She took an hour to eat a small bit of red pepper the other day.
Does anyone have any strategies? She obviously gets bored sitting for a meal for 2 hours so I'm really struggling. Should I let her go hungry...?!!! I'm clueless!!!

VeganCow Fri 19-Jun-15 20:31:29

Is she sat at the table whilst eating? What happens if she is allowed to walk around with food, eat while playing etc does she do it then?

LindsayS79 Fri 19-Jun-15 22:34:50

She was in her high chair but recently I moved her to a stool at our breakfast bar. She loves it but she's as stubborn with food in her high chair at gran's house. I do end up following her around feeding her a lot, which has always been fine as I've just been grateful that she's eating after a nightmare weaning her! But now she's just walking about with it in her mouth for ages!!
I struggle with veggies, so I hand her bits here and there through the day, but I'm finding it still in her mouth an hour later lately!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now