Talk

Advanced search

DS turned 9 months 4 days ago and now I can't be further then 3 feet away

(5 Posts)
IsItEnough Fri 19-Jun-15 16:25:24

Without him screaming bloody murder and commando style crawling along the floor wailing and wailing behind me.

He was playing just now, spotted a toy the other side of the room. He went to get it, got it, held it out proudly to show me. Then suddenly realised that he was now about 8 feet away and proceeded to scream and wail til I moved closer!!

Dd was never this bad, so this is a shock for me! It's exhausting

girliefriend Fri 19-Jun-15 16:32:11

Ha yes classic age for separation anxiety i'm afraid.

Something to do with babies not realising they are separate from their mothers beforehand and it coming as a bit of a shock when they realise that you can disappear!

IconicTonic Fri 19-Jun-15 16:37:14

Totally normal stage of development, best to help him feel secure by taking him with you/ not going too fast so he can keep up. Very demanding stage but if you reassure him you are not going to disappear he will be over it fairly quickly

IsItEnough Fri 19-Jun-15 16:38:51

Dd was so much more chilled out about it! She was fine as long as she could hear me and if I took her from room to room. So this has come as a shock!!

IsItEnough Fri 19-Jun-15 17:39:56

I'm consoling myself with the fact that as he crawls around crying and wailing he is distinctly saying 'mama mama mama' smilesmilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now