Talk

Advanced search

We have a biter

(4 Posts)
Julieb85 Fri 19-Jun-15 15:48:58

DS is 14 months and is teething quite badly at the moment so I'm putting it down to that...for now. I still want to get on top of this behaviour so I do tell him off and sometimes give him a time out. He's definitely starting to realise that he's done something wrong - I'm just not convinced he knows 'what'. I'm a bit worried about him around other children at the moment so have been giving him his dummy when he seems keen to bite! Any tips?

thatstoast Fri 19-Jun-15 15:56:16

I have a 16m old and I think we're getting to the end of the biting phase. If he bites you, put him down, exaggerated sad face, you've hurt mummy etc. Personally, times outs with my DS would be pointless, he wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

When around other children, hover constantly and step in before he bites, not after. I could always see DS gearing up to it.

Julieb85 Fri 19-Jun-15 16:00:54

Thanks thatstoast! The problem is he goes to nursery...whilst usually very good, he did bite another child this week...I had to sign an incident form (it's was very embarrassing!) I sometimes pretend to cry, this gets him quite upset so I'm not sure it's the best way to go!

LostMySocks Sat 20-Jun-15 11:30:48

DS had an incident firm for biting at nursery. Two weeks previously I'd signed an accident form for him being bitten. It happens. It's part of their development. Not nice either way. Nursery wouls have worked with me if it had been an ongoing problem. Luckily it wasn't although he's teething again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now