Talk

Advanced search

My 22month old keeps smearing faeces and wee everywhere help!

(9 Posts)
adelecarberry Tue 16-Jun-15 20:06:05

My dd has been pulling her nappy off so I have been putting her on the potty and she has taken to it well. We have placed a potty in her bedroom during the night however she has taken to drawing on the walls carpet toys with faeces and wee. We have tried taking the potty away, doubling on clothes which she pulls off and even put her nappy on back to front but she pulls it off. Any additional advice would be great I can't think of anything else to try and stop this behavior.

Artandco Tue 16-Jun-15 20:12:11

I would get rid of the potty completely.
Give chocolate every time she wees or poos on the toilet ( get a toilet seat and step)
Put in babygrow on backwards at night ( bigger size so backwards feet not an issue).

adelecarberry Tue 16-Jun-15 20:44:27

Thank you I'll try that x

Singsongsung Tue 16-Jun-15 22:01:26

Please don't use chocolate as a reward. There's a whole lifetime of eating issues right there.
I agree about the backwards clothes/nappies though,

Artandco Wed 17-Jun-15 07:07:14

Sing - no there isn't! I don't mean chocolate forever! I mean for the next week maybe whilst they break the habit. She's not even two. She will forget she ever had it as a reward within a few weeks.

I potty trained both mine at 18 months with raisens and chocolate buttons. Both dry with a week. They have worked out since then how to wee without a reward

longlistofexlovers Wed 17-Jun-15 07:09:57

What a load of crap Singsongsung.

Singsongsung Wed 17-Jun-15 21:46:21

Sugary treats for rewards? Big mistake in my opinion. To be honest I'm not sure why you'd want to be giving chocolate to a 2 year old anyway.

slightlyconfused85 Thu 18-Jun-15 20:26:57

Singsong that's ridiculous! Most children who are toilet training are given a small reward (chocolate button) while they get the hang of it. They soon forget when it becomes second nature. I did with my dd age 2.4- it lasted no time and she gets nothing now at 2.7. Pretty sure she won't have a life time of eating issues over a few chocolate buttons

longlistofexlovers Thu 18-Jun-15 20:46:08

I think an overactive fear of sweet things is setting kids up worse with food. Forbidding something makes it more appealing when they first have their own money to spend. Preteens on here is full of stories of 10ish year olds putting on weight and hiding wrappers in their room because they know their parents would disapprove.

Everything in moderation. Including for a two year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now