Kids sharing a room has turned into a circus

(7 Posts)
Me2Me2 Mon 15-Jun-15 21:22:27

3yr old and 2yr old have shared a room for 18 months no trouble. The last fortnight it has all gone to pot. Any tips for getting back to normal? Bargaining isn't working. I'd rather not split them up but could dining the short term I suppose.

grabaspoon Mon 15-Jun-15 21:24:30

staggered bedtimes

mappemonde Mon 15-Jun-15 21:29:04

Settle one in your room and move later - just takes a couple of nights to get back to more settled routine.

WankerDeAsalWipe Mon 15-Jun-15 21:34:57

Not quite sure how bargaining with a 2 and 3 year old was ever going to work grin

Ideas above are both good - we never let ours (also a 1 year age gap) share until they were a bit older (maybe 5 and 6) and that was with strict rules about what would happen if they didn't go to sleep etc. I used to like to hear a bit of illicit whispering but gave a gruff pretend shout when I felt it had gone on log enough smile always worked for me - they shared until they felt they didn't want to anymore (about 10 and 11).

MiaowTheCat Mon 15-Jun-15 21:42:25

Same age gap here and same problem currently (they're normally really good). I settle the lighter sleeping one in their room and then transplant the one who would snore through the apocalypse later. Im hoping it's just a phase since the 3 year old is really pushing it at the moment

Me2Me2 Mon 15-Jun-15 21:58:48

Ha ha yes the bargaining is a bit misconceived! It works with the 3 yr old in other situations but the temptation to have a play picnic after lights out is too great

Staggered bedtime could be the answer if I take my time with the younger one and distract her from the fact her brother is absent.

WankerDeAsalWipe Mon 15-Jun-15 22:00:33

You could sell it as special "mummy and "insert name here" time".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now