Talk

Advanced search

Rolling

(10 Posts)
gemsie23 Sun 14-Jun-15 09:41:06

Hi, my dd is 18weeks and doesn't roll yet. She is really strong at sitting though, not quite on her own yet, but I don't think it's far off, she did a couple seconds. Did anyone help lo learn to roll or will she just get it or maybe prefer to just sit first?

TopCivilServant Sun 14-Jun-15 09:45:24

My DD never really bothered with rolling. She's a normal 2.5 year old now.
6 month old DS can roll but doesn't do it very often. i wouldn't worry

Fugl Sun 14-Jun-15 12:22:52

Hello.
My boy is 5 mhts today and only rolled from front to back a few times, never from back to front. I am not worried. just enjoy that they stay where you put them.

callamia Sun 14-Jun-15 12:25:02

My child never rolled. I think he did it once, and realised there were better ways to move. He crawled relatively early, so I didn't feel too bothered about it.

MioNome Sun 14-Jun-15 16:15:55

^^ same here. DS1 rolled a few times but that was it. Early/average sitter, crawler and walker

gemsie23 Sun 14-Jun-15 17:45:09

Thank you! I feel better now! She is quite big too so I think that's why she is preferring to sit and not roll as she has the strength. She sat for about 5seconds on her own today so definitely going to be doing that soon!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 14-Jun-15 17:46:23

Mine sat unaided at 5 months, then crawled and rolled at the same time, at 7 months!

MyFirstFire Wed 17-Jun-15 15:48:19

Might be wrong but I thought they kind of prioritise what to learn - sitting or rolling. So if you have a sitter might be a few months til they roll and vice versa.
My 5m old is quite the roller but not even close to being able to sit by herself.
I would prefer a sitter tbh - easier to plonk toys in front of them and you can leave the room without worrying about where they might end up!

happymum111 Wed 17-Jun-15 17:45:17

My daughter is 6 months old now, she can sit unaided for long periods of time, and can also roll onto her front, but only if she has something to kick off from, but hasn't yet learnt how to roll back onto her back, don't worry you're doing fine, I did find that my daughter sat really strong after a couple of days of really encouraging her too, and playing on the floor with her whilst she's in the sitting position smile

My DD has only been properly rolling since she was nearly 7 months, DS however rolled at 13 weeks! They're all different, I wouldn't worry too much. If she seems strong and can support her head I'm sure all is fine.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now