Talk

Advanced search

What size is your cot bed duvet?

(4 Posts)
Taler Sat 13-Jun-15 23:22:22

Ok I realise this sounds like a ridiculous question but honestly, it's driving me bonkers!!!

My DD has a cot bed. I believe it's from IKEA (used to belong to my nephew). We bought a new mattress from IKEA, which is 60 x 120cm.

I want to start DD on a toddler duvet but it seems really difficult knowing what to get?!! I ordered one from John Lewis advertised as a cot bed duvet but it was twice the size of the mattress.

People have advised that they tuck theirs under the mattress but honestly if we did this its cover the entire width of it. It surely shouldn't be that big???

Are there all different size cots/mattresses?

I just wanna know what the norm is and what I should buy. I can't seem to find one that is the right size!

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 15-Jun-15 10:29:30

IKEA beds are funny sizes, nothing fits them apart from their own stuff! DS has a Babies R Us cot bed and a standard cot bed duvet, which is just a bit bigger than the bed, as you'd expect.

Can you go to IKEA, or check online, and see what size their cotbed duvets are?

spottedquoll Mon 15-Jun-15 22:07:54

My nearly 3 year old dd has a cot bed with mattress 70 x 140 cm, and a John Lewis cot bed duvet that is 100 x 150 cm (ish?). I tuck the very end under so that it doesn't completely disappear if she thrashes around in the night, and it seems to work well for her.

BikeRunSki Mon 15-Jun-15 22:13:39

Use a single duvet turned 90o lengthwise ie: so the width of the duvet runs the length of the bed. They are the perfect length and loads of length to tuck in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now