Talk

Advanced search

How long cruising?!

(9 Posts)
Milkyway1304 Thu 11-Jun-15 22:06:48

My DD is almost 14 months. She rolled over both ways at 4 months, say unaided at 5, crawled at 6, pulled to stand at 8, cruising at 9. And she's still cruising now! Shows absolutely no interest in walking. Is happy with her push along toy, will walk a little holding one finger but just won't let go or stand on her own. I can't see her starting to walk any time soon as she's so unsteady and if she lets go of furniture at all she just plops to the ground. She climbs, crawls up and down stairs well so I'm not worried as such, just wondering why she has no interest in walking when all her little friends who weren't moving at 10months are running around now! Anyone else have an early crawler, late walker?

Superworm Fri 12-Jun-15 12:38:03

DS had the same milestones as your DD and walked at 14/15 months. I honestly thought he'd be off a lot earlier but had no interest then just started doing it!

DeeWe Sat 13-Jun-15 12:17:12

Dd1:
Crawled at 9 months, walked at 14 months. Never cruised. She just suddenty walked-and within the week she never crawled again.
Dd2:
Crawled at 5 months, cruised by 6 months, walked at 8 month
Ds:
Crawled at 6 months, cruising by 8 months, could walk at 9 months, but generally chose to crawl for speed or cruise if an option until about 18 months.

Christelle2207 Sat 13-Jun-15 12:42:17

I don't think 14 months is late to be walking. Mine was 13.5 months but literally got it overnight.

chocolatedrops31 Sat 13-Jun-15 13:07:57

My son walked at 22 months. My daughter are 15 months-one has walked a few steps, the other isn't cruising yet. Anything up to 24 months is 'normal' -try not to worry or compare

PlayingHouse Sat 13-Jun-15 16:35:01

Some dc walk early, some don't.

You need to relax and stop comparing.

They get it when they get it. You will drive yourself crazy

Milkyway1304 Sat 13-Jun-15 17:46:04

More wondering was it common for children to cruise for so long without ever attempting to stand alone or take a step. Anecdotally I note that most early walkers are early crawlers, so I'm surprised by the lack of progress rather than concerned.

TarkaTheOtter Sat 13-Jun-15 17:49:09

My dd didn't pull up until 12months (crawled at 10) but was walking by 13months. Ds crawled at 8, cruised at 9 and walked at 15months.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sat 13-Jun-15 17:49:21

My best friend's baby crawled at 4 1/2 months and now at 14 months isn't walking unaided! It's different skills/muscles required for crawling and walking so I don't think it's massively unusual. It might be a question of balance (which isn't needed for crawling).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now