Talk

Advanced search

20 mth DS suddenly favouring Daddy.

(7 Posts)
Yeasayer Tue 09-Jun-15 14:55:31

DS (only child) is 20 mths and is being really unsettled at night (again sad). He wakes for around 2hrs; he'll happily fall asleep on you but then wake the second he's lowered into his cot. He usually settles better for me.

DH & I share nights so we both get sleep (we both work). The last two nights he has only wanted Daddy and last night refused to be picked up by me at all. Is this a phase or have I managed to (unknowingly) upset my ds?

On the one hand it's great because I can go back to bed but I can't help feel a bit sad and rejected. Does anyone have any experience of this? Thank you.

BanKimoon Tue 09-Jun-15 15:44:41

We're going through this right now, also with our DS who is the same age. Generally it's jut expressed in a preference but he did go through a phase of clawing at my face if DH passed him to me for any reason and crying inconsolably when left with me. It's also clashed with my pregnancy, and I have been quite ill so worried I wasn't giving him enough love, but in the last couple of weeks he's got a lot better and is giving me kisses again.

Everyone's reassured me this is a phase which children go through but I agree, it's quite cutting when you grew the baby and (in my case) breastfed them for a year, only to find they don't even like you! No suggestions but hopefully it will get a bit better for you soon too!

Dansak Tue 09-Jun-15 15:50:40

It is just a phase don't worry and try not to feel too rejected. It will soon be your turn, for now enjoy staying in bed and sending your dh off.

2boys2girls Tue 09-Jun-15 15:53:20

Omg embrace it as long as you can .... Then use it as your excuse "but he only wants you darling you best go".... Don't feel guilt feel the pillow :-)

Yeasayer Tue 09-Jun-15 18:17:39

Oh gosh BanK poor you. Pleased to hear it's passed though (fingers crossed) and hope you are feeling better.

Thanks ladies - think that will be my new mantra 2boys grin

Must admit I am secretly loving the fact DH is getting the call and not me.

SerJorahsSecondChoice Tue 09-Jun-15 22:22:53

Totally a phase, although a phase that can last a while! But it is common - happened with me at exactly the same time, lasted for a fair few months. I was upset and put extra effort into being very 'ok' with it an continuing to be very loving with him - you'd never know it now, he's equally as affectionate with both of us.

Yeasayer Fri 12-Jun-15 20:55:08

Thanks Ser, nice to know it is a phase and nothing I've done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now