We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 4 and having accidents constantly at nursery. Anyone else been here?

(2 Posts)
MrsHelenBee Fri 22-May-15 10:56:41

We started PT with DS1 10 months ago (just as he turned 3, as he didn't start walking until 2y 9m), so we're not a year in yet but he's starting school in September and still isn't reliably dry and, at time, clean. Is it normal to find nearly a year in that your DC is still having lots of accidents?
He's had a few blips when he's been unwell. He was really poorly over the winter and accidents started happening all the time, then stopped as soon as he was better. We've been absolutely fine for months, but three weeks ago, he started wetting again at nursery, and on 2 occasions soiled himself.
He's a bright boy and nearly 4 years old, so I don't get it. The accidents are just at nursery but he's been going for 2 years and loves it, so not an unsettling experience for him. If I ask him why he didn't go to the toilet or tell a grown up he needed to go, he just says "..because that's naughty, Mummy" which doesn't explain why he's doing it and, in the run-up to starting school, when he's fit and well, I don't understand it, and I'm getting really frustrated. Every day I'm bringing home washing, sometimes several lots!
While we still have a few months, and it could all calm down again, I fear we could be here in September, and I can't expect school to be ok with accidents every single day. Argh!!!! Anyone else been here? AIBU to be so frustrated?

TattieHowkerz Fri 22-May-15 20:57:56

My D D was like this, she is also nearly 4, then a few weeks ago she suddenly turned a corner and now rarely has accidents. I think it was just a matter of readiness. She gets very absorbed in playing and just hadn't worked out how to give herself enough time to get to the toilet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now