9 month baby review

(8 Posts)
madcatlady2013 Wed 13-May-15 02:27:12

Hi all, recently had my 9 month old review/check with health visitor. She was a bit concerned my little one wasnt putting their foot in their mouth....Can anyone enlighten me why this is on review checklist? Many thanks

wigglylines Wed 13-May-15 02:57:58

No idea. DS couldn't. I thought it was be a use he was a massive, chubby baby, but now he's older he's still not very flexible.

wigglylines Wed 13-May-15 02:58:40

That should say because not be a use!

icklekid Wed 13-May-15 03:09:59

I was confused about this one ds used to all the time now he's too busy crawling /rolling to lie on hus back for long let alone put his feet in his mouth! Nappy changes are a nightmare!

CoodleMoodle Wed 13-May-15 07:43:07

No idea why your HV was concerned, worries about flexibility maybe? Or muscles? Coordination? All just guesses, obviously.

DD is 14mo and hasn't done it. Then again, she's only just started putting food in her mouth! She once brought her foot near it but didn't put it in, I think. Can't say I blame her...!

Cobo Wed 13-May-15 09:34:02

I don't think DS1 ever put his foot in his mouth, and he's now a strapping 4-year-old. I know that "finding" their feet is a milestone (DS2 has just been doing this at 5 months, holding them and staring at them intently ) but I've never heard of a requirement to put them in their mouth.

IDreamOfPuffins Wed 13-May-15 10:24:01

DS is 9mo and has never done this, and no one has ever been concerned about that. He sometimes pulls his sock off and tries to eat it, but I don't imagine that counts! grin

tobysmum77 Sat 16-May-15 08:06:45

icklekid I had the same confused . The hv just told me to say yes if she did it when she was smaller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now