Talk

Advanced search

Tantrums

(4 Posts)
Hillijx Thu 07-May-15 10:31:16

How do you deal with tantrums? My 3.5 yr old is beyond unreasonable lately, for example, this morning I said we will be leaving for preschool soon "ok mummy" and all fine. Then we got our shoes on, said it was time to go and out of nowhere she starts screaming, saying no and saying she won't go. She loves preschool, fine when we got out of the door but it's the instant screaming fit about anything that she slightly disagrees with. I don't know if to ignore her, put her in time out, cuddle her.....it's driving me and my husband insane.

NessaWH123 Thu 07-May-15 13:25:21

my son is 2 and can be exactly the same. he also has a screaming fit about ANYTHING I don't have any real advise but to say your not alone. depending on the mood I have to try calm him and distract but if he has gone beyond it I have to leave him and give time out. I find we have some weeks worse than others. it is so frustrating I feel your pain and I just think it cant last forever!!

Becca456 Thu 07-May-15 13:43:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

CultureSucksDownWords Thu 07-May-15 15:52:26

In the scenario you describe I would cuddle (if they're not apoplectic) and sympathise so I would say things like "I know you don't want to go to preschool" or something like "I can see you're very cross about going to preschool" etc. Then I would distract, repeat my phrase if necessary and then try and breeze them out of it. I might suggest that they take a favourite toy in the car, or ask if they'd like to help me carry something and so on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now