Talk

Advanced search

Very Noisy 8mo

(4 Posts)
HappyIdiot Fri 01-May-15 14:13:54

My DD is 8mo and makes an enormous amount of noise. I find it very sweet but I am getting conscious when we are out and about that other people are being disturbed by her.

The noises are always happy noises, if she is upset and crying, she does this at more "normal" volume. But when she is playing or is excited by something, she can let out the loudest, most ear-splitting shrieks. literally she is red in the face and bellowing. we can be in the supermarket and I can see people who have their backs to us jumping in shock and turning round when they hear her.

And we were in a café the other day, some people moved away from us. I obviously try to sush her and don't encourage her to be noisy but is there anything else I can do? I certainly don't want to punish her because she isn't doing anything wrong, but if I can gently moderate her volume, I think that would be good. and if anyone else has had a noisy baby, have they grown out of it or did they become noisy toddlers/children?

Stinkersmum Fri 01-May-15 15:08:14

Have you had her hearing checked?

Tory79 Fri 01-May-15 15:10:30

Ds1 did this for a while, and ds2 (7m) is currently doing it too! I think they're just finding their voices, figuring out how to make sounds and eventually they get a bit quieter smile

HappyIdiot Fri 01-May-15 15:41:07

thanks for the replies. her hearing seems fine, she responds to quiet sounds in other rooms and looks round when doors open etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now