Talk

Advanced search

Potty training persevere or leave it a few weeks?

(5 Posts)
anyoldnameforathread Thu 30-Apr-15 13:43:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

anyoldnameforathread Thu 30-Apr-15 13:47:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

olivesnutsandcheese Fri 01-May-15 23:17:17

I've just trained DS 2.8. I tried stickers to start with but if I'm honest we got a lot better results when there was an incentive of a chocolate coin for every wee and poo on the potty. Sainsburys sell chocolate coins throughout the year (phew)
I had one day when he had about ten chocolate coins which scared me a great deal in terms of setting a dangerous precedent however the next day he decided against the potty and did everything on the toilet.
Good luck and most importantly be kind to yourself wine

TeenAndTween Sun 03-May-15 11:57:52

Well, if he can't feel if he needs to go, and doesn't notice if he's wet, then I'd say leave it. If my maths is right he's not starting school in September is he? , so no rush.

squiz81 Sun 03-May-15 20:24:07

We've just got ds out of nappies he is 3.5 (that said he won't poo on the toilet, I have to put a nappy and trousers on him before he will go!)

He kept wetting himself and when I asked why he didn't ask for the potty he said he didn't know it was coming. I was a bit concerned as that just seemed like a basic thing to me! But I guess when you've paid no attention to it for 3 years you have to learn it!

That only went on for a few days though and then he got it. I think it helped making him wait longer between wees. I had kept asking him and putting him on the potty because I didn't want accidents but when I eased up doing that things clicked a bit more.

You have my sympathy though, I found the whole thing a pain, and we didn't have sensory problems to contend with!

If I were you I wouldn't quit completely, still get him to sit on the potty but maybe use pull ups so you don't have so much washing? My ds was scared of the potty and toilet so if yours is happy to sit on it I think I would try and keep that momentum going at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now