Talk

Advanced search

How much does your 1yo eat in the day and what?

(16 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Mon 09-Feb-15 21:49:46

smile

ch1134 Mon 09-Feb-15 22:06:56

Breakfast - porridge
2nd breakfast at childminder's - more porridge/ toast
milk before nap (aiming to drop this soon)
lunch - sandwiches/ salady bits/ soup/ pasta + fruit + yoghurt
snack - more fruit/ raisins + rice cakes/ toast + malt loaf sometimes
dinner - pasta/ rice/ bread + veg, often in cheesy sauce + rice pudding/ yoghurt depending on what's been eaten earlier in the day + fruit
all fairly small portions

ch1134 Mon 09-Feb-15 22:07:10

+ milk before bed

ch1134 Mon 09-Feb-15 22:08:16

oh yes, and though no meat, we make sure he eats beans/ lentils/ fish or egg most days

Tangoandcreditcards Mon 09-Feb-15 22:15:13

Breakfast: banana + Weetabix or 2 toast and 5oz milk
Mid morning: 5oz milk
Lunch: 2xhome made pancakes / bread + cream cheese/baby bel/1 egg omelette + salad veg + apple (softened in water with cinnamon)
Mid afternoon: 5oz milk (sometimes)
Dinner: chicken/fish/fish fingers(!)+ pasta/potato + veg (broccoli/carrots) + fruit OR whatever we're eating if timing suits
Bed: 5oz milk

He'll probably snack from our plates of we're eating at a different time (if we go out or have guests e.g.) and might have a couple of rice crackers in the afternoon if he skips his milk

NakedFamilyFightClub Mon 09-Feb-15 22:22:17

Breakfast - about 5 rice crispie shapes if I'm lucky or 1/4 piece of toast with peanut butter

Lunch - shepherd's pie/ stew / soup occasionally followed by a yoghurt

Snacks - milk and a biscuit/ yoghurt if I'm in work or breastmilk if I'm not.

Dinner - not much, he'll take a little of whatever we're eating.

He's still breastfeeding and can take several feeds at night so I think he must be filling up on them. I'm slightly worried he's not eating enough but he's thriving weight and energy wise and I'm giving him vitamins so I'm just hoping he'll start to eat more soon.

TheYellowCat Mon 09-Feb-15 22:27:15

My DS is 13 months old, today he ate:

Milk - full fat milk, about 2 or 3 ounces
Breakfast - cereal (oatibix and milk)
Snack - banana
Lunch - cheese and ham sandwich, cucumber, grapes and a yogurt. Water to drink
Dinner - sausage, mash, carrots and broccoli. Water to drink.
Milk - about 1 ounce

This is fairly normal for him. As you can see he's not a big fan of milk!

PeppaPigStinks Mon 09-Feb-15 22:27:48

Nakedfamilyfightclub my ds is 19m and I stopped feeding a month ago. Before stopping ds ate hardly anything (had no milk in the day) but I couldn't stop eating.
Since stopping his good consumption has gone through the roof.

My ds tanks up all morning and lunch but won't eat dinner hardly!

NakedFamilyFightClub Mon 09-Feb-15 22:31:51

Oh, that's good to hear peppa thanks! It's hard to know what's normal as he's my first. I'm getting seriously tired of bf so I hope he'll be weaned by 19 months too!

Jeffery Mon 09-Feb-15 22:38:10

Dd just one

Bf
scrambled egg (2 eggs)
mackeral sandwich
baby crisp snack things
chicken, peas, sweetcorn, carrots
fruit smoothie pouch
bf before bed

She loves food

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 09-Feb-15 22:39:35

Some days lots and others not very much. I don't tend to offer snacks as I don't think he needs them. I used to give snacks to my eldest and found she just ate proportionately less at meal times.

Today:

Breakfast: Half a bowl of Ready Brek.
Lunch: Half a slice of cheese on toast followed by yoghurt.
Dinner: Beef casserole followed by a few Mini Cheddars and half a pear.

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 09-Feb-15 22:40:25

Oh, he had some milk in the afternoon and at bedtime.

laura0007 Wed 11-Feb-15 20:15:22

Decent sized bowl of shreddies, handful of blueberries, 1/2 piece of toast. 7ozs cows milk
Biscuit drink of water
Sandwich/beans on toast/pasta/soup followed by a satsuma and some grapes. Cup of water
Banana and cup of milk
Roast dinner/lasagne/some sort of meat and veg meal. Eats quite a lot at tea time. Drink of water
7ozs cows milk before bed

littleraysofsunshine Wed 11-Feb-15 20:44:51

<naked> sounds just like my boy. Exactly. I am still Breastfeeding, he is teething but I feel he's stocking up on bf in the night most nights. I'm sure his sisters had more good at this stage.. He's teething four teeth at once so maybe why he's different.. He is good for weight, but I just wonder if he is getting enough good food in him..

Today he had

Breastfeed
Kid size bowl of ready break
Small portion of pizza bread
Sips of water
Two yoghurts
Breastfeed
Veggie soup
Sips if water
Breastfeed

Yesterday:
Breastfeed
Bowl if porridge
A couple if grapes, berries, cheese cubes, one Banana
Refused dinner
Offered and ate a kid size bowl of porridge for supper
Breastfeed

Plus both nights 1-2 breastfeeds

It just depends.

I offer stuff but then it just gets wasted. I want to try more if a variety too. And make more time for more hot lunches as opposed to sandwiches/ yoghurts which he likes.. Sane for my 4 and 2.5yo. I'll make stuff and they don't eat it.

Usually love food but maybe I'm the one getting it wrong.

How do your little ones eating habits go with along side how they sleep at night?

littleraysofsunshine Wed 11-Feb-15 20:46:12

Plus. I'm always in the go, so do you prep food? Cook batches up?

You'd think being on my third baby id have this down by now lol shock

NickyEds Wed 11-Feb-15 21:46:09

Ds is 14 months and he typically has;

5.30-milk, 5oz full fat cows milk
8.00-1 weetabix with fruit pot, mini shredded wheat with blueberries or porridge with banana
10.30- slice of malt loaf, piece of fruit
12.00- homemade pizza, soup, sandwich, scrambled egg/beans on toast, jacket potato with tuna (often just whatever I'm having)followed by either fruit or a yogurt
2.30-3- crumpet, half slice of toast, pitta with hummus
6.00- Fish pie, stew, shepherds pie, curry, rissotto followed by yogurt/fruit/ginger biscuit/fruit cake
7.00 5oz milk

He has a very good appetite and seems to eat a lot for a child his age but he's following his centile- he's tall and quite lean. I try to make fruit and snacks different throughout the day so he has some variety. I batch cook a lot. I'll make fish pies, shepherds pies, curries etc and freeze them in toddler portions so they're easy to just reheat.
I find that he wakes for his morning milk (even) earlier if he doesn't eat very well in the evening but on the whole it doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: