Talk

Advanced search

milk intake / drinking vessel

(3 Posts)
lazyleo Mon 09-Feb-15 12:13:18

My son is 2.5 and drinks a lot of milk. He uses an anywayup beaker, simple design, easy cleaned. Always good with milk which can turn sour easily. It has started to badly leak now though and at age 2.5 I'm thinking I don't want to buy him another one. I'd rather move him onto a sportscap type bottle. I did this with my elder daughter, but she wasn't a huge milk drinker so the fiddly valve sections weren't such a hassle to clean and rinse. I want a non-spill because milk all over the sofa and car seat and clothes is a nightmare to get out and not smell; I want easy clean, so minimal valve / pieces. He drinks his milk in bed at night so I really want something which doesn't need to be closed by him and which can be abandoned at ease without spilling. Am I looking for the impossible? We have a 6 hour drive on Friday so I want to get something before then or am I going to cave in and give him back the anyway up cup....

WowOoo Mon 09-Feb-15 12:19:18

Water only in bottles/lidded cups and milk from a normal cup?

I'd hate to have to try to clean a milky sippy cup. They were designed for water, surely? Sorry I haven't been able to help at all.

Mine were both big milk drinkers and I went through a lot of tantrums weaning them off sip cups and only allowing it from the table in a normal cup, so I sympathise.

lazyleo Mon 09-Feb-15 12:24:26

What about in the car then or at bedtime? currently I've left his milk in a normal mug on the table and the only thing he's done is put his hand in it. And I know he can drink from a mug, he'll drink water and hot chocolate from them no bother. Its just that he drinks such a lot of milk easily 4-6 cups per day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: