Talk

Advanced search

4 year old not sleeping through the night! Help!!!!

(4 Posts)
LittleMissCalamity Sat 07-Feb-15 00:39:59

My 4 year old dd has never slept through the night, never!!! Every night she is up from at least 3 times but mostly 8 times a night. She says she doesn't want to sleep alone, and that mummy has daddy to sleep with, but we r really struggling with lack of sleep! We keep her to a routine, supper, teeth, story, bed. She settles herself to go to sleep. We put her back in bed when she wakes up, although ultimatly eventually she comes into our bed as we are so knackered! I don't know what to do next! I feel this isn't normal as most people I know say that around 3 their kid are sleeping through the night! Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

mrsnoon Sat 07-Feb-15 00:43:15

Have you tried a few nights of rapid return to her own bed? It could be hellish for a few nights but she should very quickly realise that she will end up in her own bed eventually and stop coming into yours.

LittleMissCalamity Sat 07-Feb-15 00:50:12

Yes we do immediately but her back in bed, she constantly gets back out! We've had many a night with either me or dh outside her door,just putting her back in bed, but it doesn't work, and eventually we let her back in our bed, as we are too knackered and I have a great partner who takes more than his turn too!

mammmamia Sat 07-Feb-15 01:00:15

My 4 yo DD is the same
My DH is currently putting her back to bed.
She normally climbs into bed with us. Sometimes we notice, sometimes we don't.
I have no advice. I just let her sleep with us.
She has a twin brother. He has slept 12 hours a night since he was 6 weeks old confused
It's not what you do, it's just how they are...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: