Advanced search

16 mo resisting nap when Mum (me) puts her down, fine with dad and nanny

(3 Posts)
zissou Fri 06-Feb-15 21:54:37

Hello, i'm a first time poster but many time reader and thread stalker..
I work 4 days per week, and my 16 month DD spends those days at home with either with my partner who works from home or our nanny. She always goes down for her 1 nap (11.30-1) easily with them and used to with me on my day with her but for the last 4 weeks has been fighting it with me - sometimes taking an hour before settling. She sleeps through most nights (kiss of death...!) and goes down happily in the evening. We've been very stringent about bed time routine and nap routines too. Common sense tells me she is enjoying our time together so doesnt want to nap and would rather hang out with me?! We do spend the weekends all together as a family, and not such a problem then.
But just wondering if anyone else finds their toddlers behave differently with them? esp. in relation to naps?!

BingoBonkers Sat 07-Feb-15 18:38:26

Mine would be difficult for me but fine for nursery staff, so I changed where they napped so went out for a walk and he would sleep in the buggy instead.

Iggly Sat 07-Feb-15 21:55:11

I sat with mine until they fell asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now