Talk

Advanced search

anyone got a secret winding technique they'd like to share with the group?

(8 Posts)
ElleOhElle Mon 02-Feb-15 15:33:40

DS is 12 weeks and struggling with trapped wind. he's still windy 2hrs after a feed. I'm breastfeeding, he won't take a bottle. he's very clingy so he's upright a lot of the time being carried and still struggles to get the wind up. I just went for a walk with him upright in a carrier and he still couldn't stay asleep because he needed to burp?!
Does anyone have a technique they swear by? Currently in doing a mixture of over the shoulder, facing front so his tummy rests on my arm, sitting on my lap rocking and rolling him in circles.
Any suggestions welcome confused

Jaffakake Mon 02-Feb-15 16:05:23

I was shown a thing off YouTube by a friend. You sit them on your lap facing you, then turn them at the waist to the left then to the right & hey presto they burp. Much easier than all the back patting, jiggling stuff.

Bamaluz Mon 02-Feb-15 16:13:42

Sit baby on your lap, supporting chin with one hand, lean baby forward then to the left. Might also have to rub or pat back, but not always.

ElleOhElle Mon 02-Feb-15 17:40:16

thanks will give them a try.

Pico2 Mon 02-Feb-15 17:49:35

Jaffakake - any idea which video it is?

Groovester Mon 02-Feb-15 17:54:23

My dd (4 months) was similar in her first few weeks. We lie her down on floor for a few more minutes before patting back as she's sitting on our knee. Works like a charm. We use infacol too.

Catnuzzle Mon 02-Feb-15 17:57:02

I used to hold them and run up and down the stairs grin

FridayJones Wed 04-Feb-15 10:03:13

Bicycle legs

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: