Talk

Advanced search

9 year old DS crying at school

(4 Posts)
AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 21-Jan-15 14:31:12

My DS is having a difficult time at school at the moment and it's making him very angry and frustrated.

The problem is that he cries really easily. He has always been like this but now he is older it is causing other children to tease him.

Unfortunately what is happening now is that some girls in his class are deliberately winding him up in order to make him cry so that the rest of the class can have a laugh at him being a "cry baby".

He is a popular and confident boy but struggles with what he believes to be injustice - like not being picked for activities, teacher taking no notice when he complains about other children being mean, being told off when he hasn't (or doesn't think he has) done anything wrong.

He has had help from the school with anger management and is currently doing a drama based lunchtime club designed to help him to express his feelings in other ways.

Does anyone have any strategies that he can use to stop the tears coming?

H3 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:39:52

Just ideas really as I have a 9 year old DS who's emotions seem to be on a knife edge at the mo! Maybe give him some responses that cover most comments....such as 'at least I'm not being mean' or 'glad I'm not a bully though'? Also big up the feelings of injustice that he has, as that is what makes him a good person & then give him some confidence in showing emotions. Maybe find internet examples for encouragement x

AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 21-Jan-15 20:42:45

Thank you H3 - good ideas smile

H3 Wed 21-Jan-15 21:17:50

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: