Advanced search

Book to read with children re preventing sex abuse

(4 Posts)
wiltingfast Wed 21-Jan-15 13:45:44

This has been on my mind recently, my children are with a new childminder and I'd like to talk them about what touching is appropriate or not etc. No especial concerns btw.

Anyway, no idea how to do it so was going to buy a book to read with them and take it from there. They are 3y and 5y.

Has anyone any recommendations?

arlagirl Wed 21-Jan-15 13:48:20

Have a look at NSPCC website...pants campaign.

Cheepypeepy Wed 21-Jan-15 20:10:17

It's not the stork

This is the younger age in range of books explaining bodies pregnancy sex and relationships, ok and not ok touching, I think people have found that explaining with correct body names and sex education age appropriately makes it harder for children to be manipulated

For example using expressions like 'grown up cuddles' instead of sex may confuse children who think that cuddles are ok ( as they are!)

For my 3 yo we have fun pointing at the boy and girl body parts, see the growth of the baby and talk about her being a baby, skim the details of sex as she isn't interested, discuss different types of families, skip boyfriend girlfriend relationships as again she's not there yet, discus good and bad touching

wiltingfast Thu 22-Jan-15 10:43:57

Thanks for the replies, I'll check that book out. Have seen that advice around body naming etc, seems sound and have made a start. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now