Talk

Advanced search

3 year old at bedtime amongst other things

(4 Posts)
davyatsea Thu 15-Jan-15 15:10:07

Hi there. We have two dc's - ds aged 10 and dd, 3. She will be 4 in feb. Dd has strong signs of pea with an ados booked for next week. Every night I have to put dd to bed often taking over from dw when it is her turn. Dd has warm bath - attempts to put cold water into bath to make bath cold. She runs into our bedroom at any opportunity and throws our bedding on the floor. She sees bedtime as playtime and refuses to settle, often running off and hiding. Dw has used naughty step but dd has laughed in her face. Bedtime has become a complete joke. This week, I have come home from work at 21.30 and found dd still awake running amok and dw stressed despite starting bed routine around 7pm Ten minutes of my intervention and dd is asleep

davyatsea Thu 15-Jan-15 15:11:54

Following from this, we are having to wake dd up in morning so we can get her to nursery on time and her big brother to school on time.

davyatsea Thu 15-Jan-15 15:15:48

Not only is bedtime an issue, but the wearing of seatbelts. She often squirms when placed in her seat, removes her shoes at any opportunity, runs off at any chance. She is worse with dw than with me leaving dw with no self esteem and lack of confidence. This is a lot of pressure on dw and me with our working pattern. I work shifts and dw works school hours. We have no family support despite moving closer to family last year.

rhetorician Thu 15-Jan-15 22:02:52

hi, it sounds like you need to get to the bottom of the suspected pda etc before you can really address the behaviours that are causing the two of you such stress. I think you need to support and reinforce each other, too, agree on a shared approach.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: