Talk

Advanced search

poo coming!

(7 Posts)
Narrowdog Tue 13-Jan-15 20:12:39

That is what DH and I are hearing a lot of. DS (2.6) had a poo in the bath a couple of weeks ago. I think we handled it in an okay way (no drama, got him out without a fuss etc). However, it's been a slow build since then up to not wanting to go into bath, we then tried the shower, which worked for a few days, and now he is really panicking at any point when he doesn't have his nappy on. Im at a loss what to do, I don't want a bad situation made worse by manhandling him into the bath, by the same token I have a pretty grubby boy on my hands by the end of the day...

God, this doesn't bode well for potty training, does it? grin

Any advice at all is welcome, wise mumsnetters!

stressbucket1 Tue 13-Jan-15 20:50:00

Bath him with a swim nappy on?

Narrowdog Tue 13-Jan-15 21:39:04

Thanks, that's a really good idea. I will try that.

museumum Tue 13-Jan-15 21:40:03

Sit on a potty before the bath? I know it's early but might be worth a try?

stressbucket1 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:54:15

We recently potty trained DD she was amazed by her first poo in the potty but I didn't realise before that she hadn't seen one before! It was always done in her nappy so you can understand why he might have got a bit freaked out when you think of it like that!

Allstoppedup Tue 13-Jan-15 21:57:56

It's a risky game with a potential poo but when my DS had an aversion to bath time after he had chicken pox, we got in the bath with him a few times until he seemed more settled and then gradually sneaked him in on his own. It might settle your DS a little and make him see its not a big problem!

Narrowdog Wed 14-Jan-15 07:12:33

Oh thanks all for your thoughts. It's great to see that there are potential solutions and its normal! (You're right stressbucket, it would be scary to see a poo for the first time). In a small way I'm hoping if I handle this well, it could be the gateway to start potty training...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: