Talk

Advanced search

Mother & baby groups

(4 Posts)
Hobby2014 Mon 12-Jan-15 11:47:01

Did you go to them?
Are they a must?
DS is nearly 5 months and I haven't taken him to any yet. We go out, see friends, play indoors etc.
Does everyone take their babies to them?

AhoyMcCoy Mon 12-Jan-15 11:49:49

Not a must at all, I just like them to give my day/week some structure! We do some baby singing type classes and 6month old DD absolutely loves them! Gets to play with a parachute and loads of songs and actions that I wouldn't have known without these classes, so I find them useful for that, but if you don't feel you need them, don't go!

Thurlow Mon 12-Jan-15 11:50:07

Nope, definitely not a must at that age. They're for mums, really - somewhere to go, new people to meet. I don't think babies get anything out of groups until they're toddlers, and I say that as someone who went to every baby group going as I hated being in alone all day!

mrsnec Mon 12-Jan-15 12:03:29

My dd is 3 months and I'm thinking about it. The one I like the look of advertises from 6 weeks but the youngest member at the moment is 10 months so I'm considering waiting a bit longer until she gets more out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now