Talk

Advanced search

How doyou deal with situations when another child hurts yours?

(4 Posts)
Dazedandconfused123 Sat 10-Jan-15 19:56:32

We were at soft play this afternoon. I expect there to be some rough and tumble but this afternoon an older child punched my toddler in the mouth and drew blood. My first priority was obviously to comfort my distraught son, but I was unsure of what to do after that and so I did nothing in terms of speaking to the other child's cater. It has left me simmering with anger - but I would like some advice on what to do if this happened again. Should I have spoken to the child's parent? The managers of the play centre? Any advice would be greatfully received.

Athyrium Sat 10-Jan-15 19:59:00

Tricky one. If I was there at the exact time I would say something...but once the moment has passed, if the child's carer hasn't intervened then really there's not much you can do sad

Dazedandconfused123 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:12:42

I also think the situation arose because my lo loves playing with others and I have noticed that he has started to follow older children around - which I can understand is frustrating for them. How do I teach him that it's great to be friendly, but that other children don't necessarily want to play with him??

wightjellybaby Sat 10-Jan-15 20:13:23

I had an incident at a soft play with my dd being pushed down some steps deliberately by another child. This made her cry and she bamged her head in the process, the same child had also already pushed a friends child over who I was there with. I picked up my dd and comforted her and went to the first aid station for some ice for her head and reported the child to the management. I then went to find the parents of said child, who were miles away from the play area with their backs turned. I told them what hed done to both children and pointed out the signs (that were huge and all over the place) saying 'all children must be supervised within the under 5s area' and I told them how irresponsible they were being and how would they know/feel if it was their child who was the victim of such an incident. They appolgised in a very vague way and just said boys will be boys which pissed me right off and weve never been back to that soft play and I never will

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now