Talk

Advanced search

Can teething make toddler sick?

(7 Posts)
Olivexo Fri 02-Jan-15 12:25:37

2.5 year old was randomly sick yesterday, he has never been a sicky baby so it was quite unusual for him. He was sick 4 times with a few hours in between. He was off his food and generally unwell. He's woken up today and seems pretty much himself. Although he keeps putting his fingers in his mouth so I had a look and he's got his back molars there, the gum is white but they haven't cut yet. Could his sickness yesterday be related to the teeth? He's never really had much of an issue teething before. So never experienced this before.

slightlyconfused85 Fri 02-Jan-15 12:52:32

No teething can't make them sick, especially not repeated times. He sounds like he had a little bug, they can be quick to pass but maybe just plain foods for another 12 hours or so.

minipie Fri 02-Jan-15 22:33:18

could he be making himself sick because he's putting his fingers to the back of his mouth to feel his teeth?

Lovelydiscusfish Sat 03-Jan-15 18:50:22

I have read that it possibly can. I thought dd was sick once due to teething. I'm no expert, though!

Queazy Sat 03-Jan-15 20:57:13

My dd always comes down with something around the time she cuts a new tooth. My Dr told me it can be related. Her first teeth left her with sickness and also coughing from the additional phlegm/liquid in her mouth as they produce more saliva when teething.

stressbucket1 Sat 03-Jan-15 22:25:31

My dd was always sick more when teething especially at night but she was a very refluxy baby and was sick a lot anyway

Jhas Thu 08-Jan-15 22:19:45

That sounds exactly like my 18 month old! He had those exact symptons, and i thought it was teething and did the usual with calpol etc, and then he was horribly sick, and got a fever, and it turns out he had tonsillitis. He sucks his thumb and I think this helps to bring it on with all that lovely bacteria being constantly replenished!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now