Talk

Advanced search

Do all toddlers growl?

(6 Posts)
Boomingmarvellous Sat 20-Dec-14 19:57:44

21 months, doesn't really speak although understands everything in an age appropriate way and follows instructions. Walked at 10 months and is now trying to jump! Climbs everywhere, but likes books too. He signs and makes ya and squeaky noises.

The lack of speech doesn't bother us as I am sure it will come.

But he growls! Usually if he is not happy about something. It's hilarious but is it normal? (Sounds like the supernatural being in Ghostbusters... 'Are you a god'. grin

WaitingForMe Sat 20-Dec-14 20:26:52

DS has just turned two and makes noises like the girl from The Exorcist. So much fun when he wakes up and down the baby monitor I get "rawlrawlrawl, wake Mummy, rawlrawlrawl, come to me."

Seriously, what the actual fuck?

Fortunately when I get in I'm met with big blue eyes and an angelic face not a hissing spitting demon.

Footlight Sat 20-Dec-14 20:32:04

my ds used to Rah!

we went to France once and he spent a lot of time playing with some other boys. We don't speak French and they didn't speak English, they just communicated in the international language of boys and Raahh-ed at each other. It was brilliant to watch.

Boomingmarvellous Sun 21-Dec-14 11:31:22

Thank goodness for that! Must be a boy thing as dd didn't do anything like it grin

It is a sort of rawl sound!

Footlight Sun 21-Dec-14 23:08:18

ds also went through a Frrwaarr stage grin

ReindeerDontFly Sun 21-Dec-14 23:26:12

My ds does...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now