Talk

Advanced search

10 month old fighting sleep

(4 Posts)
stressbucket1 Fri 19-Dec-14 14:13:33

I have a 10 month old DD that is currently learning new skills- sitting up, pulling up and crawling. She has decided to practice in her cot at sleep times she keeps herself awake doing this and then gets over tired and worked up. Any ideas how to deal with this phase? I need my evenings back my christmas Bailey's is still unopened!

Taler Fri 19-Dec-14 18:17:20

This is perfectly "normal" (not that it'll bring much comfort knowing this!).

All you can do I'm afraid is ride it out. My DD was exactly the same. She'd cry out, I'd go into her and find her stood up in her cot crying, looking sorta confused as if to say "why am I standing mummy, I'm sooooo tired".

It'll pass. Hang in there.

stressbucket1 Fri 19-Dec-14 21:38:03

Thank for your reply. Yes that is exactly what she is like as if she can't help getting up! Hope it passes soon because she was settling really well and it took us a while to get there! Such a busy time for her she needs her sleep

blackgoat Fri 19-Dec-14 21:47:58

My 10 month old DS is going through a similar phase. We co-sleep and over the past week he's woken us up blabbing away while sitting/trying to get under our pillows/pulling my hair/putting his fingers in DH's eyes/mouth/ears etc...
We try to ignore him as he then settles back, but sometimes it's quite hard to do so as he either makes us laugh or gets us really annoyed...
Apparently it will soon pass

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now