Talk

Advanced search

Spot remidies for an early developing 10 year old please.

(5 Posts)
chuffinalong Sat 13-Dec-14 21:18:25

Hi, the title says it all really. I don't want anything harsh due to her age, but she is starting to get break outs on her face and at the top of her back. I had just the same problem as a teenager, but she's very tall for her age and is developing early.
Thank you.

Givemecaffeine21 Sat 13-Dec-14 21:45:58

The thing I've found to really help is sudocrem - going to bed with it on her face or other affected areas. Wish I'd known as a young teen - I'm 29 and only discovered it this year when my skin broke out after coming off the pill. If it gets worse and really develops in her teens take her to the docs. Really wish my mum had taken me, would have saved me years of hating my own reflection.

snozzlemaid Sat 13-Dec-14 21:53:51

I second sudocrem before bed. It really seems to take the redness away.

Jaffakake Sun 14-Dec-14 09:00:41

As an adult I've found regular face packs (Glamglow is fantastic but pricey) and the odd spot if tcp deals with spots that are fairly deep infections. If I had the time I'd pay for regular dermologica facials - that really worked.

At 13 I went to the Drs & was on a certain type of antibiotics for years. I think it was worth it & made me feel better. It doesn't seem to have made me resistant.

However acne treatment has come along way in the last 20 years & the cream I had from the Dr last time worked wonders (& still does even though it's 2 years out of date!) I've also used a shower gel called panoxyl for my back / shoulders. They probably fall into the harsh category & can bleach your towels, but they're there in case your teen starts feeling a dent in their confidence - but go & see the Dr first.

Storytown Sun 14-Dec-14 09:14:49

I've had spots on and off all my life, starting when I was about 10yo.

What I have learned for sure is that anything sold for teenage skin is far too harsh and makes things worse.

The things I have found that work best are very gentle but scrupulous cleansing (not easy to get a 10yo to do) and cutting our sugar (ditto)

I never believed the sugar thing when my parents were telling me that when I was young but it has made a massive difference to my skin.

I double cleanse using aqueous cream and a warm cloth as a cleanser and my skin has never been better.

DS1 has my skin but I can't get him to do either of the things I recommend!

Sudocrem is excellent for the spots that break out on my legs after waxing but I have found it too greasy for my face and think it may actually cause spots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now