Talk

Advanced search

stacking blocks

(5 Posts)
ch1134 Sat 13-Dec-14 19:53:59

At what age did your dc do this? Mine just did it and has been a bit slow with other things so curious to know if he got to this one quickly. I know they're all different and I'm fine with that. Just interested! He made a stack of 4 wooden blocks. Thanks

NorahBone Sun 14-Dec-14 14:56:42

My son's been trying for a few months, but at 13 months he can't balance the bricks yet. He's very good at knocking down though! Have zero idea what age this normally happens so don't know how helpful I'm being.

ch1134 Sun 14-Dec-14 16:00:58

I think it's one of those things, like crawling. It's not an important milestone in itself, but the fact they want to do it shows determination.

LIG1979 Sun 14-Dec-14 18:28:07

At nursery they look for that as a key milestone. (i think it was between 16-20 months.) I remember this as my dd did not want to build things!! (She did and still does like knocking things down.)

I think if you look online you can find key milestones. I would only worry if your dd doesn't meet lots of milestones as they all do different things at different rates.

ch1134 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:46:38

Thanks, conflicting ideas on the internet. I'm not really worried. He's good at some things but not doing others yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now