Talk

Advanced search

15 month old with severe daddyitis

(4 Posts)
BocaDeTrucha Sat 13-Dec-14 11:19:31

Since I stopped bf and he started nursery full time at 12 months, ds has developed a massive car of daddyitis and I just don't cut it at all. I think it comes from the fact that it was dh that got him settled into nursery, which was a mammoth task and also dh who helped him break the routine of bfing all night. Dh picks him up from nursery and has him alone until I come home around d 5. But he just wants to be with dh constantly. Even when he's sick or hurts himself he runs to daddy first. I'm trying to get over the rejection feeling by looking at what a great relationship they have and how amazing dh is with him and I'm so grateful for that. However, it's getting difficult now and when we are both there together, he won't even play on the floor on his own anymore and has to be in daddy's arms, even though he's walking really well. Any ideas how to break this daddy obsession, or clingy Ness in general ??? Or is it just a phase???

Zucker Sat 13-Dec-14 11:30:51

I wouldn't worry it's just a phase. To turn it on it's head would you appreciate your DH posting that he wanted to break a mammy obsession?

Oh how I wish my now 4 year old had a case of daddyitis grin

Sunflower1985 Sat 13-Dec-14 17:38:48

My 16mo ds has mummyitis and it leaves my DH distraught. And feeling rejected.

How is your ds when it's just the two of you? Do you get much one on one time?

I keep telling my DH it's a phase, but I can't say how long it will last.

Watching thread with interest

Christelle2207 Sat 13-Dec-14 17:43:46

Mine is 16 months and exactly the same. If I go to him in the night I'm not good enough and he wails every time daddy leaves the room. I really hope it is just a phase he's doing my head in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now