Talk

Advanced search

Roughly how many foods does your child eat?

(6 Posts)
AngelDog Fri 12-Dec-14 16:26:39

That's it, really. smile By 'foods', I mean 'ingredients', so wheat would be one, dairy products would be one.

I'm interested in a typical week, not unusual stuff. I'm just wanting to do a comparison with what my boys eat. TIA.

Purplehonesty Fri 12-Dec-14 16:33:35

They eat everything and anything available(!) just not steak or stew which they don't like to chew.

shelfontheelf Fri 12-Dec-14 18:02:03

Pretty much everything but sometimes nothing. It's bloody frustrating. They like beef but only rare - I think because it's easier to chew.

BackforGood Fri 12-Dec-14 18:11:19

You ight wany yo ask people at what sort of age groups they are talking about. My 16 yr old is probably quite different from someone else's 16month old.

Sirzy Fri 12-Dec-14 18:13:42

DS is 5 and eats most foods. He isn't keen on gravy or being able to taste butter though.

AngelDog Fri 12-Dec-14 23:13:59

Thanks, everyone.

BackforGood, that's a good point. My boys are just turned 2 and nearly 5 so it's young children I'm particularly thinking of. DS1 has lots of food allergies and both boys have a number of intolerances so their diet is more restricted than the average.

I wonder though whether the range of things they eat is not that different from the average because we feed them a range of less common foods e.g. no wheat, but 5 different types of legumes in breads & muffins. Plus my experience is lots of kids are fussy and only eat a smallish number of foods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now