Talk

Advanced search

DS forgotten how to roll

(5 Posts)
Eminybob Fri 12-Dec-14 09:10:29

DS is 5 months old and rolled over from back to front for the first time on Saturday. He's been doing it loads since then.

Until yesterday when it appears he has forgotten how! He tries but gets stuck like he used to before.

I'm a bit worried that it seems to have just slipped out of his head. Or is this normal and I'm overreacting?

TarkaTheOtter Fri 12-Dec-14 09:13:57

My dd did this then didn't really roll again until much older. But she crawled at 10 months, walked at 13 months and is a perfectly mobile toddler now. It was like she decided she could do it and stopped bothering to try anymore and started working in something else.

Eminybob Fri 12-Dec-14 09:17:45

Thank you. Thinking about it, he has started trying to go the other way as well so maybe he is reserving his energy to try and master that?

Highlove Fri 12-Dec-14 19:21:45

My DD did this. At nine months she still hasn't started again. But she's crawling, can pull up to sitting from her tummy and can very nearly pull up to standing. So I'm reasonably confident it's nothing to worry about (though I do a bit!)

Bedsheets4knickers Fri 12-Dec-14 22:29:24

My daughter at 10 months could come up and down stairs . She's now 2 and won't come down stairs. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now