Talk

Advanced search

Bossy little girls in DS class

(8 Posts)
Pantone363 Thu 11-Dec-14 20:37:05

I know we're not supposed to say bossy but they bloody are.

DS has been unhappy on his table all term, 2 boys and 4 girls. One of the girls in particular is very bossy, always pointing out where/how/why DS is wrong or needs correcting. Eg you're not holding your pen correctly, you haven't done enough work, do it this way not that way. Teacher is aware and is aware of um controlling personalities on the table.

It's all came to a head today, DS in tears because the main girl has been on his case all day. Teacher is off sick and there's a sub in the class who has told him to just 'ignore it'.

I've armed DS with saying firmly "you are not the teacher leave me alone" but she just mimicked it back to him angry

Any other ideas?

HollyBdenum Thu 11-Dec-14 20:43:43

I think that you need to speak to the teacher again, pointing out that what is going on is bullying, and that it needs to be dealt with. The girl in question is probably not aware that she is bullying, but the adults in charge need to make it clear that what she is doing is causing a great deal of distress to your son. What does the schools anti-bullying policy say?

MinceSpy Thu 11-Dec-14 21:13:16

Miss Precocious is a bully and this needs dealing with. Speak to the teacher.

Heyho111 Thu 11-Dec-14 22:20:46

Insist he changes tables. Say you have left it a term , nothing has changed and now he has a fresh start next term. Be firm. Say it is starting to effect his confidence.

jimmycrackcornbutidontcare Thu 11-Dec-14 22:33:04

I'm surprised the teacher hasn't moved him / her to another table. Though she needs to know she can't act like that with her classmates even if they are separated.

Pantone363 Thu 11-Dec-14 23:30:13

These tables are for 'sets' work so not all the time. I think it was particularly bad today because the sub kept them on the same table all day.

DD (older) said she will have a word but I can't see that helping? Although when I was at school the younger girls did defer to the older ones. DD yr5 DS year 3

Pantone363 Thu 11-Dec-14 23:34:24

And it's ridiculous things like

Not letting him have a ruler from the table pot because "you haven't written your name yet, you can have it after"

Watching him doing his maths and pointing out mistakes before he has even made them

We ended up sat near her and her parents at parents evening and she doesn't talk to them much better. Veruka Salt springs to mind.

AuntieStella Thu 11-Dec-14 23:38:07

Oh dear.

I don't think there is much you can do until his usual teacher is back. Then have a word as soon as you can, and pout. Out that this has been going on for a while and was far worse with supply teacher, and ask what can be done to fix things (thoroughly, so there isn't a recurrence any time the class is with a different teacher).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now