Talk

Advanced search

all going downhill at 3 months, any idea why?

(16 Posts)
scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 08:39:28

Its meant to start getting easier at 3 months isnt it? So why is it getting harder with DD2? She's gone from feeding once or twice a night and self settling (with white noise on) from birth to suddenly waking every 30-60 mins all night, crying. All since turning 3 months last week!

Any experince of this? Does it pass? Is there anything I can do? Help before I lose my mind!!

BumgrapesofWrath Thu 11-Dec-14 08:44:49

12 week growth spurt is a big one. Try and get your hands on a copy of The Wonder Weeks - will explain it as totally normal!

scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 08:51:11

Shell be 15 weeks on monday sad, I had the book with DD1, have lost it but I seem to remember it fitted the weeks pretty accurately so is she not past it? She had a brief regression at 11/12 weeks but nothing like this!

Chickz Thu 11-Dec-14 09:18:21

My dd was like this and still is to some extent! We sailed through the first few months then her high needs crying whinging personality came out. I hope this doesn't happen to you and I'm sorry if I'm scaring you!

eurochick Thu 11-Dec-14 09:20:05

There is a wonder weeks app, which has nice bite size pieces of information (about all my sleep-deprived brain can handle).

scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 09:21:27

Yikes!

scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 09:22:40

Sorry, yikes was for chickz!

purplemurple1 Thu 11-Dec-14 09:23:21

Isn't there a 4 month sleep regression, there is normally a thread running on the sleep board.

scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 09:24:33

Shes not 4 months till January, could it be early?

MildDrPepperAddiction Thu 11-Dec-14 09:27:56

I feel your pain chickz. Dd2 (5mo) is like this. Won't settle for anyone but me, even DH. All I want for Christmas is sleep!

PurpleStripedSock Thu 11-Dec-14 10:16:15

I don't remember it being a 'gradually getting better' experience with my baby. It was just different all the time. As soon as you thought you had their needs and wants nailed, their needs and wants changed with each period of developement.

If I remember correctly, my baby would feed all night at around that age. It was maddening but she was gearing up for a massive growth spurt.

You will survive these few weeks and then be worrying about something else :-)

scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 11:57:12

What's frustrating is that she doesn't oven want to feed all night, often she has a short feed or bankrupt as easily/more easily be settled by DH walking/rocking her or of just holding her hand. She didn't increase her nighttime feeds at any of her other growth spurts either confused

scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 11:58:37

Even, not oven and be rocked, not bankrupt!

PurpleStripedSock Thu 11-Dec-14 12:35:11

That sounds really tough. The only reason my kid ever woke/wakes up is for boob and the only thing that will get her back to sleep is the same so I would be lost in that situation. It's good that she goes quickly back to sleep though right?

BentleyBelly Thu 11-Dec-14 12:47:00

My daughter went into her own room in her cot at that age because my husbands snoring disturbed her and she liked to sleep with her arms out and the edges of the moses basket annoyed her, could it be something like that?

scottygirl5 Thu 11-Dec-14 15:25:32

She's been in the cot for about 6 weeks as she's a pretty big baby. Most on the time she re settles quickly but then just wakes 20 mins later. sad Last night it took 3 hours to re settle her at one point!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now