Talk

Advanced search

Attitude and nt listening

(10 Posts)
TT1976 Wed 10-Dec-14 23:10:22

plz my daughter she is a good girl but she want to belong in all social networks and she never listen ,all she want is to do want she has in mind and nt listen to me at all.pls am fed up help me wat cn I do am dying of high blood pressure and kidney problems plz help me .and she lie a lot plz help me out

TT1976 Wed 10-Dec-14 23:13:30

I do nt want to loose my daughter.plz say anything. I won't be crossed,this god bless you all

StirredNotShaken Thu 11-Dec-14 15:03:09

I have no advice but I hope someone comes along soon to help you OP

TT1976 Thu 11-Dec-14 20:03:24

Thks

TortoiseInAShell Thu 11-Dec-14 20:45:41

How old is your dd?

TT1976 Sun 14-Dec-14 22:31:39

9years

TortoiseInAShell Mon 15-Dec-14 13:14:53

Well for a start she is too young for social networking online. You might be happy with her having her own network of friends invited to your house and vice versa periodically, but that's different.

Have you talked to her and explained how it is to be on the receiving end of being ignored and perhaps ask her how she's feel if she was ignored by her friends?

I am trying to teach my almost 5 year old to listen rather than ignore, and although there is a big age difference between 5 and 9, it might be helpful to go back to the basics.

If ignored I go right up to him and ask to see his eyes so I can talk I him properly. If the tv is on it gets paused, if he's reading a book it gets put down with his finger holding it in the right place so he can continue when we've finished.

I also try to pick the most important things to take up the battle with. It's a training issue to some degree.

If your dd is hearing you and responding to you, but just ignoring your wishes then the only way I see forward with that is to introduce consequences. If she soon learns that by ignoring your curfew she gets grounded as can't go out with her friends the next time, then he might be more willing to do as she's asked. But it's really important not to overdo that, otherwise you trample on the person and it isn't fair to her.

TortoiseInAShell Mon 15-Dec-14 13:16:11

m.empoweringparents.com/How-to-Get-Your-Child-to-Listen-Giving-Effective-Consequences.php

TortoiseInAShell Mon 15-Dec-14 13:19:37

www.childmind.org/en/posts/ask-an-expert/2014-7-22-my-9-year-old-daughter-never-recognizes-shes-done-. This link is about a 9 year old daughter so right up there with your situation!

TT1976 Thu 18-Dec-14 23:02:09

Thks my sis God bless you .i hav try that but she seems to adapt with it and does nt bothered about it ,while she will now do something worse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now