Talk

Advanced search

Can I just check my toddler isn't overweight please?

(4 Posts)
feesh Tue 09-Dec-14 17:33:15

My little boy just turned 2 the other day, and he's big for his age. We are expats, so I don't get access to the kind of regular red book, health visitor monitoring that we would in the UK.

He is 91cm tall, and 13.65kg.

I've got an American app which suggests he is on a high percentile for both, but I'm not sure if this would flag as a concern in the UK or not. Please could anyone advise? He is on Neocate formula for a dairy allergy, and has to have a certain amount each day to meet his nutritional needs, but I am a bit worried we have somehow over fed him!

He also has an incredibly skinny and dainty twin sister, who is just 11kg at 89cm tall (no dairy allergy).

Sidge Tue 09-Dec-14 17:50:41

The BMI calculator here can help you work out if he's proportionate for his height

I put in calculations with a guess of his DOB and it said he was a healthy weight.

MatriarchalDreams Tue 09-Dec-14 17:53:38

Here's a link to the UK growth charts: www.rcpch.ac.uk/child-health/standards-care/nutrition-and-growth/uk-who-growth-charts/uk-who-growth-chart-resources

feesh Wed 10-Dec-14 06:08:03

Thank you, this is really helpful. I can't believe he is going to be 6ft tall! His dad is only 5'6". The graphs are brilliant and I have bookmarked them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now