Talk

Advanced search

16 mo turned into a v fussy eater!

(7 Posts)
Treesandbees Fri 05-Dec-14 12:16:09

My DS has always been a great eater until recently! He refuses lots of meals he used to happily demolish. He's mostly living of cereal, sandwiches, yoghurts, cheese and fruit! I've tried lots of alternatives but he refuses even to try them! Any advice/tips? Is this a phase?

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 05-Dec-14 12:18:44

Just a phase. Keep offering a variety of food, and don't turn mealtimes into a battleground. He'll get over it!

NumTumDeDum Fri 05-Dec-14 13:04:57

Was just about to post with similar issue. All my son will eat is fruit (well some fruit, inexplicably gone off lots he used to eat) fishfingers, bacon, toast and yoghurt. Am tearing my hair out at this.

BentleyBelly Sat 06-Dec-14 08:44:49

My 15 mo is the same. We had an appointment with a paediatrician yesterday for a different issue and I mentioned her fussy eating. He said to just try and relax, give her what she likes with a bit of something of your plate. Give her half an hour to eat then take it away without fuss. He was unconcerned and seemed happy she was eating anything! Said not to offer too many snacks just 3 meals. I give her Abidec multivitamin as a back up for my own peace of mind.

Treesandbees Sat 06-Dec-14 20:45:04

Thanks for the replies! I think I've been over compensating on the snacks so might reduce them a bit!

Mulligrubs Sat 06-Dec-14 23:03:05

My 12 month old is like this at the moment. I put his meals in front of him, wait for 10/15 mins (or til he kicks off a tantrum!) and give him a piece of toast and a bit of fruit. No idea if this is the right approach or not confused

Mulligrubs Sat 06-Dec-14 23:04:29

I mean I wait til he tantrums or if he hasn't eaten anything or he has thrown it all over the bloody floor I get him his toast etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now