Talk

Advanced search

Dummy Withdrawal??

(2 Posts)
nicola1904 Tue 02-Dec-14 09:25:38

Hi,

My little girl will be 4 in April and almost 2 weeks ago I decided that we should get rid of her dummy. She really only had it for bee or when she was upset.

She seems to be managing ok at bedtime without it and has only asked a few times about where it is... But I feel like it may be emotionally affecting her sad she has become really clingy towards me and gets really upset going into nursery now when I have to leave.

I am just looking for some advice; is this normal? Will it pass? Is there anything I can do to help her just now?

Thank you x

kingbeat23 Tue 02-Dec-14 09:35:10

It will soon pass. I did cold turkey once and broke after 2 days. Had the same clingy ness etc.

Then we made a parcel for the dummy fairy and wrote a letter (she dictated) and then I let her post it in the post box (with an address on it). She got a toy she wanted in return to giving her dummies to other children that needed them more than she did.

That one worked better!!! wink (Seems my child is easily bribed) it does get better, I still noticed a marked increase of clingy ness and difficulty in getting to sleep afterwards. (I'm not sure I'm actually helping here!!!grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now