Talk

Advanced search

success stories please breast to bottle

(4 Posts)
jemima1988 Mon 01-Dec-14 23:08:15

Really struggling with ds I'm trying to get him onto a bottle.
I've tried Phillips and medela bottles and he won't give then the time of day.
We've tried different positions, with me out of the house, introducing the bottle before, after and between feeds.
anyone managed?

ceridwyn Tue 02-Dec-14 10:11:51

I'm in the same position as you with my youngest son who at 10 months refuses to drink from a bottle or sippy cup. He does eat real food but still spends around 5 hours a day "drinking" at the breast. Other sites have recommended Mam bottles but I haven't tried them yet. Like you I have tried getting someone else to give him a bottle whilst I was out but with no sucess. My son will take small amounts of water or milk from the lid of the bottle as if drinking from a beaker or from a spoon.

A friend of mine had a similar experience and in the end left her daughter (who was 13 months at the time) with the grandparents for a long weekend. This suceeded where all else failed.

Gavlarrr Tue 02-Dec-14 10:13:25

Been exclusively bf for 6 months and tried baby on bottles. The only one she will take are Dr Browns bottles, she refuses tommee Tippee and avent etc, Dr Browns are supposed to resemble fb the closest
Worth a try?

UngratefulMoo Tue 02-Dec-14 20:20:18

OP - how old is your DS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now