Talk

Advanced search

Potty training

(3 Posts)
BathshebaDarkstone Mon 01-Dec-14 18:46:08

Any idea how to convince DS to wee and poo in the loo, not in his pants? Sometimes he'll tell me he's done it, not always. He got through 3 pairs of trousers and 7 pairs of pants today. sad

Meenu2014 Tue 02-Dec-14 13:38:38

Hi ..First take a deep breath ...(believe me it helps ;)) .
The first step should be to make them get comfortable to sit on the potty .Take them to the bathroom and make him/her sit for just one minute ..play /talk with him while he does ...if he doesnt like it dont force him .But keep trying twice a day daily ...slowly he wil get comfortable (might take 2 -3 weeks) .
Once he is comfortable , tell him he should pee there and not in pants ..you will have to tel him each time he pees in his pants/trousers (he will start understanding it in around 4 -5 days ).
Also once he is comfortable,check the time in how many minutes he generally pees ...if it is say 1 hour ...make him sit every 45 minutes on the potty (you can do this only when he is completely comfortable sitting else he might start hating it and it will get all the more difficult).
Follow the process (of telling him to not pee in the pants and making him sit every 45 minutes in potty) and you should soon see results ..
This is how I am training my daughter these days ...and I am seeing the results (though slowly)!!
All the best ...

ireallydontlikemonday Tue 02-Dec-14 13:59:41

How old is he? Is he truly ready?

I am a firm believer in the lazy method of training - wait until they are truly ready and you can crack it in a couple of days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now