Talk

Advanced search

chocolate and behaviour

(6 Posts)
natharley11 Sun 30-Nov-14 09:59:38

I have a nearly 4 years old ds. noticed recently that chocolate seems to send him hyper like proper insane doesn't know what do with himself can't listen etc
is it possible that this is contributing to the behaviour and not listening. school having issues too . really need to find way tackle this baby due in 8 weeks
any help advice would be fab

insancerre Sun 30-Nov-14 10:02:27

Eliminate it and see if the behaviour stops
Sometimes though children do behave differently when their mum gets pregnant again

natharley11 Sun 30-Nov-14 10:06:06

thank you think will try it and see what happens x

TimeForAnotherNameChange Sun 30-Nov-14 14:31:49

People often worry about the sugar in chocolate but in my experience it's the caffeine that causes the problems - good chocolate is full of the stuff. I think your suspicisions are highly likely to be correct - ds1 reacted like a banshee to chocolate, in a completely different league to other treats like biscuits or the odd sweet.

TchaikovskyForTea Sun 30-Nov-14 14:42:36

Yes, my ds experienced this to all cocoa products. Was hyper and had no control of what he was doing to the point of jumping out in front of cars waving at them after his play group party!
He could have no cocoa products at all until he was around 8yrs old. Carob is a suitable alternative and can also be used in powder form for chocolate type cake. He's young enough to forget cocoa if he is so sensitive to it.

natharley11 Sun 30-Nov-14 16:20:01

we tried it so far today much calmer child no chocolate . Most had is a party ring biscuit and don't seem effected him in that way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now