Advanced search

nearly 2 my kid is an asshole

(138 Posts)
booblecatcher Sat 29-Nov-14 23:14:18

Can someone please advise what's the average age from and until MOST kids go through their "ass-hole" stage.
My daughter was the perfect baby, and is a pretty good toddler, but as the saying goes, when she's nice she's very nice but when she's bad she's evil!!

Please no replies about how your kids always been amazing, doesn't really help! Or how your kid is 6 and kills puppies, I'm just looking for a general overview of an average naughty child as I only have one and have no other experience of kids. Thanks! :D

ChippingInAutumnLover Sat 29-Nov-14 23:15:48

Really? You thought posting a photo of your child was the best way to deal with this?

I'm going to ask MN what they think you should do.

VerityWaves Sat 29-Nov-14 23:16:26

booblecatcher Sat 29-Nov-14 23:18:38

not my child, this is a google image, my child looks much angrier

Galvanized Sat 29-Nov-14 23:21:01

A nearly 2 year old cannot be "evil" or bad. Have you spoken to your HV to see if there are any parenting support classes available so you can learn about child development? Is normal for two year olds to push boundaries, it's your job to help them develop.

Winterfable Sat 29-Nov-14 23:21:39

er mine could be little toads at times but I would never have referred to them as 'ass-holes' hmm

OpenSandwich Sat 29-Nov-14 23:22:43

Erm well if she's not yet 2 I would guess you have a while to go yet. I have found 18 months onwards challenging. My 5yo can be very difficult at times. But a different type of difficult to my 2yo. I guess it depends what types of behaviour get on your nerves the most. All phases pass eventually.

Of course, some adults are assholes too.

VeryStressedMum Sat 29-Nov-14 23:26:13

2 year olds are not arseholes, they are just being a 2 year old. Teenagers however....

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:29:28

I think the OP seems genuine and even nice and just used a poor choice of words.

juneybean Sat 29-Nov-14 23:30:23

Some toddlers are arseholes though

HaroldLloyd Sat 29-Nov-14 23:30:38

Presumably the OP was just trying to be light hearted and luckily two year olds are not allowed on MN and can't read so she will never know.

Two year olds can be distinctly arse-holish at times.

booblecatcher Sat 29-Nov-14 23:32:18

well I don't see the point in sugar coating things, if a child's being purposely bad yes that's being ass-holey (it's not like I say that to her but I'm on an adult site).

Like I said she's not doing anything out of the norm for this age as the terrible twos are well known for being a tough age, I'd just like to know how long this phase generally lasts, I don't think it's anything to see a professional about obviously I thought I could ask mums net for casual advice, this is my first time on here and clearly mums net has the judgemental reputation it does for a reason!

In future I'll use google, like I obviously did for my image (like I'd be busy taking a picture of my kid if she was in full flown tantrum - use some common sense!)

p.s thank you FanjoForTheMammarie at least someone understands a clearly jovial post on a genuinely stressful subject smile

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:33:24

Aww don't give up on MN. You just unfortunately posted on a troll infested evening and were caught im crossfire [thanks?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:33:43

Oops that was meant to be thanks

HaroldLloyd Sat 29-Nov-14 23:34:18

Depends which way the wind blows on here at times.

Though I remember bloodshed on a thread once when someone said their toddler could be a right twat.

DarylDixonsDarlin Sat 29-Nov-14 23:34:50

A just turned 2yo is not being purposely bad sad its your job to figure out what she wants, needs, or is trying to tell you sad

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:35:18

Excuse typing. Am half asleep. My DD is 8 but has been having her terrible twos for 6 years. She has severe SN though. I think it will get easier soon for you x

usualsuspect333 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:35:19

She's not being purposely bad ,she's being 2

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:36:14

They definitely do things purposefully to push your buttons. Usually to get attention in my experience.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:37:12

But yes it's not "bad" in the evil sense, just annoying. "Todder Taming" is an amazing book

MildDrPepperAddiction Sat 29-Nov-14 23:38:12

Daryl said it best. Your dd is being an 'asshole' because you haven't figured out her need/want. Maybe you should google some new parenting techniques.

DarylDixonsDarlin Sat 29-Nov-14 23:38:47

But if you tell us some specific issues, we might be able to help? I've got a 2y2m old next to me who will not go to sleep, so I accept they can be veeeery challenging.

If you want to talk just get it out, sometimes it helps. Just wanted you to know its probably not deliberate on her part. Society would like to make us think that way but it honestly isn't true.

HaroldLloyd Sat 29-Nov-14 23:38:59

If you're looking for an age for me three began a light improvement and it's been getting consistently better since then with relapses that can last a couple of days or a week.

MeMyselfAnd1 Sat 29-Nov-14 23:40:53

The only thing I can say is that I don't believe on phases, you either deal with inappropriate behaviour or you don't. Waiting for it to pass is just laziness.

The most good mannered kids I know are so, because their parents treat them with the same respect they expect for themselves. ( and do not ever give up to tantrums)

FeelingIrie Sat 29-Nov-14 23:42:01

My baby is under 1, and a total delight still. But who knows what the future holds! I don't find the term
Asshole a problem in this context. It's not serious, clearly. I call my dog an arsehole on a regular basis. He fucking barks everytime the baby falls asleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now